I remember being excited for February, not knowing that it was going to be a whole month of demotivation and pressure. But still though, it was still filled with light and love!
- Dinner Dates with friends and family. My sister, my three cousins and I all live in Manila but the only time we actually hang out is when our grandparents are in town. LOL
On the last day of the month, my friends and I had our monthly dinner. I thought it wasn’t going to happen since February was about to end but it still did! We had dinner in Taft, so the trip going there from work wasn’t bad. We had dinner at Jus and Jerry’s and coffee at Seattle’s Best.
Visiting Taft after quite a while always makes me feel all sentimental, like I always end up thinking about my college days, especially the last 1 and a half year I spent there.
- Trying Golden Cowrie at S’ Maison. My mom and Kup were in town that Sunday and we had a quick lunch before they headed back to Pangasinan. I had just had brunch that time so I only ordered the Pomelo Salad and shared the Baked Scallops with my sister.
- Day trip to Clark with Mom and Kup. I had to do work-related stuff for one part of the afternoon, but afterwards, we just hung out. I wasn’t able to take photos during dinner, but we ate at one of our usuals — Seoul Grill.
- Valentine’s Day. I had dinner with my cousin Ken at Fresh. Nothing special, I didn’t really celebrate, and I didn’t get to celebrate with Jik. We’ve actually never celebrated Valentine’s Day together since we started dating LOL.
- Jik’s Birthday & Anniversary Weekend. For Jik and I, February is a month of celebrations (his birthday, Valentine’s Day, our anniversary). I’m pretty big on celebrations so it was kinda sad when I wasn’t able to celebrate any of the three events with him, even though we already saw this coming. So we decided to allot one weekend to celebrate all three!
So, for our three-day weekend, we were able to:
- February 23rd. My cousins and I all skipped work/school. It was pretty cool because it was one of those rare times all our parents agreed to let us ditch school.
- February was quite challenging too and I’ve been so demotivated. I kept trying to get myself to be productive, and resorted to rewarding myself with simple things like coffee, a good meal, or sleep, whenever I show even the slightest bit of productivity.