“Maddie, your hair is SOOO long!”
“Maddie, are you ever going to cut your hair?”
“Maddie, when was the last time you got a hair cut?”
My long hair was EVERYTHING to me. I actually thought I would be nothing without my long hair. I mean I know it wasn’t perfect (not even close) but it was the quickest way to hide my chubby cheeks, my unstoppable RBF, and sometimes, even outfit malfunctions.
I never would have thought I would end up cutting my waist-length hair. I loved my long hair. I loved everything about it. But after a few weeks of incessantly getting remarks about my crazy long hair, I finally did something about it.
I couldn’t imagine living without it.
So why did I do it? I’d love to say I had a legitimate reason for chopping 12+ inches off, but I don’t. I just felt like it. I’ve been planning to cut my hair, but I didn’t expect myself to actually go that short. It was such a bold decision, I wouldn’t say it was a spur of the moment kind of thing because I thought about donating my hair to cancer patients…
Here’s a couple of things I’ve realized after my haircut:
- My assumptions were wrong. My chubby cheeks ain’t as emphasized like I thought they’d be!
- My hair already feels so much healthier!
- Showering and drying my hair takes less time now. Perfect for my slowness when getting ready.
- Sleeping in peace. No more long hair to suffocate me as I sleep.
- I no longer have to worry about my hair getting into my food.
- Bye bye unruly curls! Loved my curls but it was time to let them go…